Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

30 May 2009

Saturday morning greens

I was on top of my green game this morning. I asked for my Gloria Jeans latte in a mug, rather than the plastic-coated takeaway cup. Just by sitting for a few minutes to drink from a mug, I saved a cup and lid from landfill! Not only did I remember my reusable bags, I also brought along my Onya weigh reusable fruit & vegetable bags. Is something wrong in my life that I can take such pleasure from placing mandarins into a sack made from nylon mesh? I'm sure anyone who saw the lady at the mandarins with the silly grin must have thought I was lost in the emotions of something much more exciting. I asked the baker to put the bread rolls straight into my own reusable bag and I said 'no' to a receipt.

I was in deep green form, skipping back to my car ... hmm, car ... that popped my bubble of green reverie. Oh well, there is always room for improvement next Saturday.

We'd love to hear your ideas on how to green-up a grocery trip...

Author & Editor

Tracey Bailey is the founder of Biome Eco Stores and mother of two. After working in corporate communications and starting a family, she made a choice to be part of the solution to our planet's future and started Biome Eco Stores. Tracey is passionate about educating the community about living eco-friendly and sustainable lives through her extended product, chemical, health and environmental knowledge.

3 comments:

Helen said...

I take my Nanna trolley to the markets.

Gustoso said...

Those reusable bags look like a great idea.

Wendy said...

Choose fruit and vegetables not packed in plastic. Do you think that kids these days must think that cucumbers grow with plastic skins?

if you can't buy all organic, choose organic for the things that absorb the most chemicals like broccoli and strawberries.

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Templates Designed By Templateism | Templatelib